Looking forward to serving ‘YOU’!
We re-opened on 7 February and have completed our first 5 weeks. The ‘easy to use’ EPOS till system and linked card payment terminal are working well and welcomed by volunteers, patients and staff.
We sell snacks, soft drinks, confectionary, biscuits, chocolate, sandwiches, noodle pots, a range of cards and local papers … over the coming weeks we will add new lines to meet customer demand.
Say hello to this morning’s team Linda Walker and Joan Bobra … thank you to all our fantastic shop volunteers.
- run buy friendly volunteers
- open Monday to Friday
- 10am to 2pm initially
- range of sandwiches
- currently on sale Tuesday to Friday
- let us know what you would like
- convenient card payments
- ‘tap’ to pay
- easy for staff to pop in at work
- Linda and Joan make ‘new friends’
- ask customers to sign up for our newsletter
- sharing news about what the Friends do
- grab a snack, drink and local paper
- read the displays about Friends’ projects
- grab a leaflet about making a donation
Future things to plan for:
- Set up ‘tap to donate’ card point to make it easy for the public to make donations, with gift aid
- Refurbishment of the Café in preparation to open when there is enough patient and staff demand