We welcome applications from people who can commit to working up to 4 hours per shift (dependent on the role) to provide an excellent service to our patients, visitors and staff. Our Volunteers operate on a roster system, so you can choose to volunteer for one or more shifts. Reliability is key to efficient volunteering. All volunteers are required to undergo a DBS check.
We pride ourselves on our volunteer services around the hospital:
- Serving in the shop and café, a friendly face, a chat with the lonely or worried, giving information about the hospital, selling goods and cash handling
- Ward trolley service takes our shop to the patients, with the newspapers in the morning and a selection of goods in the afternoon. Many of our patients are elderly and some have no visitors. The trolley service gives so much more than just selling!
- Guides help people find their way to their appointments, giving assistance to use the computer-based check in system and show the way to the different areas of the hospital.
- Ward Friends give their time to go and chat to the patients, bringing a cheery face and someone to talk to.
- We sometimes need people with office and computer experience to support our Friends Office.