No Current Vacancies
We are gradually introducing Volunteer Services in the Hospital as COVID restrictions become less strict and initially, only the Shop is open (see details below).
Our Volunteers operate on a rota system, so you can choose to volunteer for one or more shifts. Reliability is key to efficient volunteering. All volunteers are required to undergo a DBS check.
Find out more below, use this link to apply to become a Volunteer
Our shop is currently open from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm Monday to Friday.
We sell refreshments, snacks, confectionery, books, drinks and greeting cards.
Pre-COVID Volunteer Roles
A “Gift of Time”
Our dedicated volunteer team give a precious “Gift of Time”, working in the hospital. Pre-COVID, we provided the following activities:
- Shop (now re-open)
- Café – serving a welcome cup of tea or coffee, with snacks and a newspaper to patients and their carers waiting for tests and appointments and to staff
- Ward trolley – bringing a selection of newspapers in the early morning and shop goods in the afternoon to patients on the wards, many of our patients are elderly and some have no visitors
- Guiding – helping people find their way to their appointments, assist with check-in screens and give directions to the different areas of the hospital
- Ward Friends – spending time with patients who are in need of a friendly face, they may be anxious, lonely or just want to chat
- Office – supporting the operations manager to organise the volunteer activities, cash handling, office systems and procedures
Volunteers also help us to
- Fundraise – support activities in the hospital and community, such as selling raffle tickets, cake & craft sales, quiz nights
- Hold Events – help us to run events such as fetes in the hospital grounds or the local community
- Bake cakes / craft making – make delicious cakes or hand-made crafts to sell in the hospital and community events
- Recruit Friends – encourage hospital users/others to become Friends … to get news about our work, events & fundraising
- Recruit Volunteers – recommend volunteering at the hospital to your own friends and contacts
Cafe Assistant (Currently Closed)
Our café is in the outpatients area offered a selection of confectionery, pre-prepared rolls/sandwiches, cakes, biscuits and a welcoming cup of tea, coffee or soft drink.
Guiding (Currently Closed)
Our guides met and patients and made their hospital visit as pleasant and friendly as possible. Duties were varied, from assisting with on-screen check in, to escorting patients to clinics, .. even re-uniting lost husbands and wives!
Trolley Service (Currently Closed)
We previously operated a trolley to the wards with morning newspapers and again mid morning and afternoon selling items from our shop.
Ward Friends (Currently Closed)
Our Ward Friends offered a friendly face and someone to listen and chat to the patients. Many of the patients do not get regular visitors as their friends and family cannot get to the hospital everyday. This service is designed to help the patients in their recovery.