This privacy notice is intended to let you know how and why we use the data you provide to us. You don’t need to do anything – but please read this notice carefully. We may update this notice from time to time.
Who we are
Lymington Hospital Friends is the working title of The League of Friends of Lymington New Forest Hospital, a registered charity No 1070233.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use personal data that we collect in line with all applicable laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For more information, please contact the Operations Manager, Lymington Hospital Friends, Wellworthy Road, Lymington SO41 8QD.
Telephone: 01590 663036
What data do we collect from you
Personal data we collect may include one or more of the following:
- your name
- contact address
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- records of your correspondence with us
- donation and gift aid details
- bank details
How do we use the data we collect about you?
We use your personal data for a number of purposes including the following:
- to process and acknowledge your donation, sponsorship or gift aid
- to deliver services, literature and/or other materials you have requested
- unless you tell us otherwise, we will send you information we think may be of interest, such as updates on our work, news, fundraising appeals, volunteering opportunities and events. We may send this information by e-mail, if you have given us your consent
- contact you about, donating in memory, leaving a gift in your Will, or to give you details of other ways to support or fundraise for Lymington Hospital Friends that you have expressed an interest in
- run our internal administration and keep a record of your relationship with us
- manage your communication preferences i.e. how you have chosen to be contacted
- carry out research and surveys about our services
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations
Rest assured, we never share, sell, swap or rent your data to third parties for marketing purposes.
How we protect and keep your data?
We will never disclose your data to any third parties unless we have a legal obligation to do so.
We don’t keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is used, this adheres to the requirements of the GDPR.
If you tell us not to contact you, we will update our records accordingly.
We have security procedures, rules and technical measures to protect your data. Your data will be kept in a secure environment with access restricted on a need to know basis.
When using websites owned by other organisations to communicate with us, such as Twitter or Facebook, you should check their privacy policies/notices.
How do you update your personal data?
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your details change. We may use publicly available sources to keep your records up to date: for example, checking your postcode is correct using the Royal Mail postcode lookup facility.
To let us know of any changes please contact the Operations Manager as above.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- access your personal data
- rectify, erase or restrict your data
- object to the processing of your data
- to lodge a complaint with Lymington Hospital Friends or the overarching regulator, the Information Commissioners Office (details on request)
For more information, please contact the Operations Manager as above
Changes to this privacy notice
Rules and regulations around data can change – and therefore our privacy notice will change too. So it’s worth visiting this page from time to time to check for updates. At the start of this privacy notice we tell you when it was last updated.