We are looking for up to four new Trustees this year to broaden our expertise and add to our ‘hands on’ team. The primary characteristics you will need are commitment to supporting the hospital, professional, good team player and willingness to get things done. Specific experience in charity fundraising, networking, managing projects and community event management will be a benefit.
As Trustees, we work closely with hospital managers and have an exciting programme of fundraising and activities planned in line with a roadmap to re-open volunteer services when the hospital’s COVID guidelines permit.
At present, there are six Trustees on the Board of Lymington Hospital Friends, see our current Board of Trustees.
What does the Trustee Role involve?
The role is voluntary and unpaid, with a time commitment of a few hours per week, you will be expected to:
- act as an ambassador for the charity
- actively contribute to fundraising projects
- be a good team player with a positive attitude
- make proactive use of your personal skills and experience
- help to manage and support the work of our volunteers
- contribute to agreed activities to meet our plans and targets
- attend monthly Board meeting
- help at events on occasional weekends and evenings
How to apply
In the first instance, please send an email, with a brief CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining:
- your reasons for wishing to become a Trustee
- your previous business and charity experience
- your skills and connections
We will contact you to provide further information and answer any questions you may have.
If you wish to be considered as a Trustee, we will ask you complete an Application and Membership Form, together with a DBS Check.
On receipt of your application you will be invited to attend an interview. Any appointment will be ratified by the Board of Trustees at the next Board meeting, when you would become a co-opted member of the charity. All appointments made during the year are formalised at the AGM.